Aqueon ProHeater ensures safe, easy and precise temperature control of your aquarium. Its power monitor light lets you know when the unit is heating (red) and when it has reached the set temperature (green). You’ll never have to guess whether it’s working or not.
Aqueon ProHeater safety features include auto shut off when left out of water and automatic restart when placed back in water.
When Marineland Stealth Pro recalled their heaters, I was lucky enough to have a local store who exchanged my two 200W and one 100W heaters for these units. I had done some digging and these were the only ones I found that were both submersible and shatterproof.
I have been using them since and have been absolutely happy with them.
What we need to understand about these heaters is they are not new. Several years ago, in the way back machine, before manufacturing shifted to China, Marineland Stealth Pro Heaters were the preferred heater for use in a tank containing large aggressive fish such as Oscars. Prior to the shift to Chinese manufacturing, the Marineland Stealth Pro heaters were known for quality and durability. Subsequent to their manufacture in China, they became exploding aquarium bombs resulting in a recall of every Stealth Heater made in the last decade.
Aqueon came in behind Marineland, enlisting the same factory in Italy who designed and built the original Marineland Stealth Heaters. The result is the Aqueon Pro Heater. These are, in fact, updated models of the original Marineland Stealth heaters. If performing a side by side comparison of the original Stealth’s with the Aqueon Pro, this becomes obvious. Aside from the inclusion of a indicator light and an improved temperature set dial, the heaters are identical, all of the way down to the machining grooves on the bottom of the heater.
Below is a photo of the original (Italian made) Marineland Stealth Pro (Top) and Aqueon Pro (Bottom). Except for the updates, the heaters are identical.
- Precision calibrated aquarium heater boasts durable construction
- Shatterproof aluminum-core aquarium heater is fully submersible
- Electronic thermostat ensures accurate aquarium temperature settings
The Aqueon Pro Heater is currently my recommended heater for an Oscar Tank.
- Heater maintains a very steady temp with low duty cycle.
- Easy to use with accurate dials (I test my water temp with a good external thermometer and it is within 0.5 degrees of the temperature setting. I also like that there is always an indicator, red heating, green not.
- Quality: These are solid dependable units, no glass.
- Cost: Substantially less expensive than I expected, especially compared to other shatterproof products.
- Shatterproof. Just like it’s original father, the Marineland Stealth Pro, these heaters are virtually indestructible. Your fish cannot harm them.
- Only time will tell, but the suction cups on these heaters are a bit different, with deeper cups. I’m hopeful these cups will last longer than others.
Is the habit of Marineland Stealths exploding a design defect or a manufacturers defect? I’m voting manufacturers defect as it would be highly unlikely that a well run company (as Aqueon is) would risk themselves by duplicating a Marineland mistake. There have been no reports of the Italian made Stealth Pros or of the Aqueon Pro’s exploding, only the Chinese made Stealth versions. I trust these heaters.